Looking for something yummy to mix up your breakfast routine but also want something healthy? We have you covered with these dietitian endorsed recipes below.
AVOCADO TOAST WITH LEMON AND KALE
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes Serves 2-4
- 1 cup shredded kale (no stems)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 1 small avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 4 thin slices radish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- In a bowl combine the kale, olive oil and juice of 1/4 lemon.
- Massage with your hands for about 1 minute, until the kale softens.
- Slice the avocado in half, reserving 1/2 of one avocado for thin slices. Scoop the rest into a small bowl and mash gently with a fork. Season with salt, black pepper and juice from 1/4 of a lemon.
- Toast the slices of multigrain bread.
- Spread the avocado mash across the toasted bread, top with slices and sprinkle with cumin (more lemon juice if desired).
- Top each with the massaged kale, radish and chia, finish with pinch salt and black pepper to taste.
Recipe from skinnytaste.com and endorsed by our dietitian Cass
Skinny Green Tropical Smoothie
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- ¾ cup