What is physiotherapy?
At Stay Tuned, our Physiotherapists can assess, diagnose and treat people with any issue from lower back pain, headaches, sports injuries, arthritis and pre or post-natal issues. Our highly trained team can help solve and avoid many painful problems you may encounter throughout life.
Your practitioner will assess your condition, diagnose the problem, and help you understand the cause. They will then develop a treatment plan considering your lifestyle, leisure activities, and general health.
Our Physiotherapists can also assist with the following health issues:
- Women’s health (DRAM, Mastitis and blocked milk ducts, pelvic girdle pain, pre-and post-natal issues)
- Musculoskeletal and Orthopaedic rehabilitation (post-joint surgeries or replacements, return to sport)
- Neurological and Vestibular Rehabilitation (BPPV, post-stroke rehabilitation)
- Cardiorespiratory and Pulmonary rehabilitation (post-chest and abdominal surgery)
Your initial consultation may be up to 45mins in length. Your Physiotherapist will take a thorough history of your condition, injury or presenting issue along with a complete medical history to ensure they can consider all the possible causes and consider your whole-body health and function.
Our promise is to help you understand what, why and how. What your condition, injury or issue is, why it may have occurred, and how together we will address it.
Our goal is not only to have you feeling better, but help you function better, and provide knowledge and strategies to help prevent issues recurring.
What to expect
- Observation and assessment of your movement & overall physical condition.
- Analysis & identification of your problems.
- Development of a treatment program with you & other healthcare team members when appropriate.
- Management of your treatment or training program based on your agreed goals & lifestyle.
- Evaluation, progress & modification of treatments, if necessary, to ensure ongoing progression and improvements.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need a referral?
A doctor’s referral is not necessary to see our physiotherapists, although frequently your doctor will work in partnership with us to plan and manage treatment for a specific condition
Will medicare cover it?
Through the EPC program, certain people can gain access to Medicare rebates for up to five allied health services per year.
To access Medicare rebates for Physiotherapy, you must speak to your GP about eligibility for this initiative.
We have a Stay Tuned Wellness Centre Near You
Stay Tuned offers Physiotherapathy services in our Boronia Wellness Centre.