What is hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is treatment or exercise rehabilitation carried out in warm water. It has long been accepted as an essential and integral part of the rehabilitation process. It may be used in isolation or as an adjunct to complement other patient management forms, including in-room physiotherapy, osteopathy, pilates, myotherapy and massage. Our qualified and experienced Physiotherapists can design and manage your personalised hydrotherapy program.
What can hydrotherapy help with?
- Where land-based exercise causes pain associated with weight bearing, e.g. arthritis or chronic low back pain.
- Where progress with land-based rehabilitation is slow, e.g. joint replacements & complex fractures.
- Where independent movement on land is complex, e.g. patients with weight-bearing restrictions (fractures) & falls.
- Musculoskeletal problems where swelling is present, e.g. post ankle fracture or knee replacement.
- For patients having difficulty managing daily musculoskeletal pain and needing self-management strategies, e.g. chronic Lower Back Pain, fibromyalgia & auto-immune diseases.
Most joints of the body can be treated with hydrotherapy, including shoulder, neck, back, hip, knee and ankle problems.
Please note: Our experienced Physiotherapists run hydrotherapy sessions, so please contact us for bookings. We happily accept WorkCover claims, Veterans Affairs and TAC claims, and private patients.
Feel free to contact us for further information about our Hydrotherapy Services.
We have a Stay Tuned Wellness Centre Near You
Stay Tuned offers Hydrotherapy services in our Boronia Wellness Centre.