What is Hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is particularly useful
- Where land-based exercise causes pain associated with weight bearing e.g. arthritis or chronic low back pain
- Where progress with land-based rehabilitation is slow e.g. joint replacements & complex fractures
- Where independent movement on land is difficult e.g. patient’s with weight bearing restrictions (fractures) & falls
- Musculoskeletal problems where swelling is present e.g. post ankle fracture or knee replacement
- For patients having difficulty managing daily musculoskeletal pain and need self-management strategies e.g. chronic Lower Back Pain, fibromyalgia & auto-immune diseases
Most joints of the body can be treated with hydrotherapy including shoulder, neck, back, hip, knee and ankle problems.
Please note: Hydrotherapy sessions are run with our experienced Physiotherapists so please contact us for bookings. We happily accept WorkCover claims, Veterans Affairs and TAC clams as well as private patients.
Feel free to contact us for further information about our Hydrotherapy Services.