Podiatry is the health care profession that specializes in conditions and function of the human foot and its relationship to the lower limb. It includes examination, diagnosis and treatment of both general foot care and lower limb and foot injuries.
All Facets of Podiatry covered:
- Diabetes assessment with regards to foot health
- General podiatry treatment, including corn, callous debridement, and nail surgery
- Department of Veterans Affairs, Enhanced Primary Care and Transport Accident Commission clients welcome with your General Practitioners referral
- Footwear prescription, modification and advice
- Gait analysis (biomechanics and foot function)
- Workplace, sporting and recreational injury assessment, diagnosis and treatment. This includes common problems such as heel pain, plantar fasciitis, shin pain, patellofemoral dysfunction etc. Return to exercise programs can be written where appropriate to prevent recurrence.
- Orthotic therapy
Our Podiatrist in Boronia is Josh Osborne. To learn more about him CLICK HERE
What Training does a Podiatrist do?
Podiatrists undergo 4 years full time training at one of 5 universities in Australia. The training consists of theory, internal clinical skills practice and external clinical skills practice at clinics in both metropolitan and country regions. Our Podiatrist is registered with the State Registration Board of Victoria and is a member of the Australian Podiatry Association
Do I need a referral?
No. As Podiatrists are primary care health practitioners, a referral is not required. If your injury is under a Workcover claim or a TAC claim you will need a referral from your GP. Your Podiatrist may contact your General Practitioner to discuss aspects of your health or injury but this will be discussed and approved by yourself beforehand. The other instance when a referral is required is if you are being treated under the Department of Veterans Affairs program and then your GP will be required to complete a referral.
Is Podiatry covered by Medicare?
In certain cases your GP can refer you to a Podiatrist under what is called an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) plan. This is only available for certain complex, chronic conditions so discuss this with your GP. Podiatry is otherwise covered by most major private health funds with rebates available immediately at our clinic.
Stay Tuned Podiatry Wellness Centre Near You
Stay Tuned offers Podiatry services in our Boronia Wellness Centre. View additional information on the location and details for Podiatry Boronia
Back to top