Physiotherapy & Osteopathy
What is Physiotherapy?
At Stay Tuned our Physiotherapists can assess, diagnose and treat people with any issue from lower back pain, headaches, sports injuries, arthritis and pre or post natal issues. Our highly trained team can help solve and avoid many of the painful problems that you may encounter throughout life.
Your practitioner will assess your condition, diagnose the problem, and help you understand the cause. They will then work in partnership with you to develop a treatment plan that takes into account your lifestyle, leisure activities, and general health.
Our Physiotherapists can also assist with the following issues:
- Womens health (DRAM, Mastitis and blocked milk ducts, pelvic girdle pain, pre- and post-natal issues)
- Musculoskeletal and Orthopaedic rehabilitation (post-joint surgeries or replacements, return to sport)
- Neurological and Vestibular Rehabilitation (BPPV, post-stroke rehabilitation)
- Cardiorespiratory and Pulmonary rehabilitation (post-chest and abdominal surgery)
What to expect from our Physio
- Observing and assessing your movement and your overall physical condition
- Analysing and identifying your problems
- Developing a treatment program with you and, where appropriate, other members of the health care team
- Managing the treatment or training program based on your agreed goals and lifestyle
- Evaluating progress, modifying treatment if necessary to ensure ongoing progression and improvements
Nutrition & Sport Nutrition
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopaths treat a wide variety of musculo-skeletal problems such as back pain, and other functional disorders of the body such as asthma. Our Osteopaths focus on more than just treating your symptoms; they will also determine their cause. This results in fewer treatments and a more effective and long lasting outcome.
Treatment is tailored to each individuals needs and may involve a variety of gentle manual techniques, including soft tissue massage, joint mobilisation or manipulation, and gentle joint articulation.
“Many of our patients have found Osteopathy an effective way of treating their back and neck pain, headaches, sporting injuries, arthritis and much more. They also often comment that the exercises and stretches prescribed by their Osteopath have helped prevent their pain returning and have enabled them to return to their full function.”
Osteopaths can diagnose, treat and help you prevent many conditions such as:
- Back and Neck pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Sporting Injuries
- Hip, Knee and Ankle Injury
- Digestive Problems
- Muscular Strains
- Period Pain
- Work Related Injuries
- Postural Problems
- Repetitive Strain Injuries ( RSI )
- Arthritis and Joint Degeneration
- Shoulder, Elbow and Wrist Pain
Your initial consultation can take up to an hour during when a Dietitian will find out about your specific food and nutrition concerns or interests, taking into account your medical history and gather information about your lifestyle.
A comprehensive diet history will help determine your likes and dislikes and identify your usual eating patterns. After discussing what it is you would like to achieve and setting goals, information will be tailored to you to fit in with your lifestyle and nutritional requirements.
Support and a positive environment are vital in ensuring you achieve your goals and maintain them. Nutritional plans are based around the correct balance of normal everyday foods and not just fancy or expensive supplements.
A Sports Dietitian promotes healthy eating to enhance the performance of an individual for any level of physical activity. They assist in helping individuals to make healthier food choices by providing accurate nutrition information.
They work with a variety of people including elite and recreational athletes, sporting clubs and those whose nutritional needs will assist in achieving their goals.
Depending on the sport you play you will have to face challenges specific to that sport. Nutritional needs will change due to variations in training regimens, competition demands and your physical attributes such as size and shape.
Common reasons athletes present to our Sports Dietitians include
- Maximising energy levels for exercise
- Maintaining appropriate body fat levels
- Best fluid choices for exercise
- Eating before competition
- Recovery after training and competition
- Increasing muscle mass
- Eating when travelling
- Appropriate use of ergogenic aids and dietary supplements
Stay Tuned offers Dietitian and Sports Dietitian services at our Boronia clinic.
Feel free to contact us for further information or click HERE to make a booking.