Looking for that comfort food to warm you up on a cold winters night but also something that is nutritious and healthy? Try our Winter Warming Recipes that are dietitian endorsed!
Serves 4-6 Cooks in 3h
- 250 g onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 tomatoes
- a few sprigs of fresh marjoram or oregano
- extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g beef shin or rump, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1½ litres stock
- ½ tablespoon caraway seeds
- red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 200 g potatoes
- Peel and slice the onions, peel and crush the garlic, and deseed and dice the capsicum. Finely chop the tomatoes. Pick and finely chop the marjoram.
- Add a good splash of oil to a large pan and gently sauté the onions, garlic and capsicum until softened.
- Add the beef and continue to cook until the meat is browned and the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in the paprika and cook for 2 more minutes, then add 200ml of the beef stock. Bring to the boil and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the marjoram, caraway seeds, a splash of vinegar, the tomatoes, the tomato purée and season