Spring is almost here…. Kind of. What better way to welcome Spring than to switch the soups for salads.
I tried this fantastic salad the other day- very healthy, filling, high protein, low GI and most of all tasty.
Can highly recommended it!
Give it a try,
Image and modified recipe from Melbourne’s Hellenic Republic’s recipe and obtained from http://dietitianonamission.me/cypriot-greek-salad
• 1 bunch coriander, chopped
• 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
• 1/2 red onion, finely diced
• 1 cup buckwheat
• 1/2 cup dried lentils
• 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
• 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
• 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
• 2 tbsp baby capers
• 1/2 cup currants
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive
• Optional: pomegranate seeds for topping
• 1 cup thick Low Fat Greek yoghurt
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 tbsp honey
1. Blanch buckwheat and lentils separately in boiling water until both just cooked. Drain well and allow to cool.
2. Mix the yoghurt, ground cumin and honey until combined.
3. In a medium bowl, place the coriander, parsley, red onion, buckwheat, lentils, toasted nuts, capers, currants, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well.
4. Place into serving dish and top with cumin yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (SERVES 8, 100G SERVES)
• Energy: 808kJ
• Protein: 5.9g
• Fat: 6.6g (Saturated fat 1.7g)
• Carbohydrates: 25g (Sugars 10g)
• Sodium: 43mg